30 Jan HELP WANTED – Lake George Land Conservancy
Opportunity for Education and Outreach Events Intern
The Lake George Land Conservancy is an accredited not-for-profit land trust dedicated to working with willing landowners and other partners to protect the world-renowned water quality of Lake George and to permanently preserve the natural, scenic, historical and recreational resources of the Lake George Region.
The Education and Outreach Events Intern will support the work of the LGLC communications and development/event staff. During the summer the LGLC hosts various events designed to educate the public about our mission, strengthen our brand, and fundraise for projects. The intern will support staff in preparation for these events and during the events. The intern will also assist with day-to-day communications and events work. The intern will learn about the work of the LGLC and practical operations of a land trust, while also enhancing the LGLC’s slate of summer events.
What to Expect:
- Dates: Flexible start and end dates to correspond with college summer break schedule, with a target of 10 weeks.
- Hours: 35 hours per week is guaranteed. Candidate will need to be flexible, as some work on weekends and evenings will be required.
- Work will primarily occur indoors at our office in Bolton Landing. With prior notice, the intern may need to spend time in the field in areas within the Lake George region.
Recommended Skills and Experience:
- Coursework in communications, environmental science, event planning, and/or related fields are preferred.
- Interest in land conservation and in the mission of the Lake George Land Conservancy.
- Ability to work independently and as part of a team.
- Strong written and verbal communication skills.
- Attention to detail.
- Experience with photography preferred.
- Knowledge of social media and/or graphic design.
- Assist with event marketing, communications, and publicity.
- Assist with development of events and educational materials.
- Assist with vendors and events coordination.
- Take photos and videos at LGLC events and at LGLC preserves during field days.
- Draft content for social media posts.
- Attend events in person as determined by manager.
- Work with other departments on various tasks as needed, to help the mission and learn about all facets of LGLC’s work.
- Assist with volunteer events.
To Apply: Please send your resume and cover letter to Cornelia Wells, Finance and Office Manager, at [email protected] Please write “Application for 2023 Internship” in the subject line.
Application review will begin in mid-February. References may be requested after interviews.