Dec 18 TRAINING PROGRAMS – SUNY Adirondack
Home Health Aide (HHA) Training Course
March 9 – April 7*, 2020
Home Health Aides (HHAs) provide a range of services, such as personal care, meal preparation, light housekeeping, assistance with ambulation, and recording vital signs. HHAs work under the supervision of a Registered Nurse. Students in this class will learn the skills needed to work in the home setting with the elderly, infants and individuals with disabilities. This HHA course is approved by the New York State Education Department. It provides a minimum of 88 hours of classroom instruction and lab experience followed by 8 hours of clinical/supervised practical training at an assisted living facility. Students who successfully complete the course receive HHA certification and will be listed in the NY State Home Care Registry.
- Pre-registration is required. Please contact JoAnn Evans for information and registration forms: phone: (518) 681-5617 / email: email@example.com
- Students must be at least 18 years old.
- Students must be able to read, write, understand, and communicate in English (minimum 8th grade level recommended).
- Students must have no criminal background that would prevent employment in a healthcare/home care setting.
- Provide documentation of physical exam and immunizations before the first day of class.
- Successful completion requires 100% attendance and satisfactory demonstration of all coursework and skills.
March 9, 2020 – April 7, 2020*
* Schedule includes one 8-hour supervised clinical day on either April 6 or April 7. * If weather causes delay or cancellation of a class or clinical day, we will need to add a day to the schedule.
Class: Mon. through Fri. – 9:00am – 3:00pm
Clinical: 7:00 am – 3:00 pm (includes 30 min. lunch break)
Classroom: SUNY Adirondack, Washington Hall, Room 131, 640 Bay Road, Queensbury
Clinical Site: Woodlawn Commons, 156 Lawrence Street, Saratoga Springs
Caroline Jackson, BSN, RN, CHHC
Lori Warner, RN
$1000 or FREE to those who apply for and meet grant requirements.
Contact JoAnn Evans for details: (518) 681-5617