Jul 29 TRAINING PROGRAM – SUNY Adirondack
Personal Care Aide (PCA) Training Course
September 9 – September 20, 2019
Personal Care Aides assist clients with personal care and daily tasks. Typical job duties include meal preparation, shopping, light housekeeping, and assisting with bathroom functions, bathing and dressing. PCAs also provide companionship and social support. PCAs are in high demand nationwide!
This 40-hour course will prepare students to care for clients in the home setting. Students will also practice communication and interpersonal skills and learn how to follow a care paln, record activities, and observe and report changes in the client. Other key topics include safety, infection control and confidentiality.
The course is approved by the New York State Education Department. Students who successfully complete this class will gain entry into the NY State Department of Health Home Care Registry as a certified Personal Care Aide.
- Pre-Registration is required. Contact JoAnn Evans at firstname.lastname@example.org or call (518)681-5617 for details and registration forms.
- Proof of minimum age of 18 years.
- Applicants must provide required medical documentation at least one business day before the class starts.
- Ability to read, write, speak and understand English (minimum 8th grade level is recommended).
- For employment purposes, applicants must be able to pass a criminal background check (no felonies or misdemeanors that would prevent employment in a healthcare setting).
- Successful completion requires 100% attendance and satisfactory demonstration of all coursework and skills.
Class Dates:09/09/19 – 09/20/19
Class Times:Mon – Fri 9:00 am – 3:00 pm
Washington Hall, Room 131
Instructtors:Caroline Jackson, BS, RN, CHHC
Lori Warner, RN
Cost:$600 or FREE for those who meet grant requirements