25 Oct The Lake Champlain – Lake George Regional Planning Board (LCLGRPB)
Posted at 15:49h in Help Wanted
Business Development Coordinator Needed
The Lake Champlain – Lake George Regional Planning Board (LCLGRPB) is seeking a fulltime Business Development Coordinator. Position is in the Village of Lake George, NY but requires travel throughout nine upstate NY Counties.
- Management of the LCLGRPB’s Small Business Loan Fund and working with small businesses throughout the region to address their economic development needs
- Meeting with prospective small businesses
- Providing technical assistance to small businesses with the development of business plans, loan applications and financials; ensuring program requirements are met with loan packages
- Performing underwriting of loan packages and presenting potential loans to Committee
- Closing approved loans and securing necessary documentation
- Tracking loan payments and monitoring loan recipients
- Assisting the Director with developing new programming to address the needs of businesses throughout the region
- Maintaining a working rapport with state and federal funding agencies
- Evaluating effectiveness of the Small Business Programs and producing reports
- Must be able to work independently in a small office environment and perform required job duties
- Position requires a good knowledge of the principles and practices of community and economic development planning and small business revitalization principles and practices
- Good knowledge of financial loans for small business
- Working knowledge of federal and state regulations governing small business loans
- Ability to establish and maintain good working relationships with prospective clients, business officials and the public
- Ability to understand, interpret, and analyze quantitative data
- Ability to organize material and prepare effective narrative, financial reports, and correspondence
- Ability to communicate effectively both orally and in writing
- Ability to maintain confidential financial information regarding small businesses
- Ability to take initiative and be resourceful
- Prior experience with a government funded loan program is a plus
What to Expect:
- Competitive salary with benefits available
- Position will be filled based on Civil Service requirements
- A provisional appointment will be made with examination to be held at a later date
- Candidate must meet civil service requirements for appointment following establishment of eligible list
Email resume and cover letter to: Beth Gilles, Director at [email protected] with the subject line “Business Development Coordinator Resume” by November 28, 2022.
Contact #: 518-668-5773.
LCLGRPB is an EOE/AA Employer.
More information on the position can be found on the LCLGRPB website at https://www.lclgrpb.org/news-rfps/now-hiring-for-business-development-coordinator.