Aug 07 HELP WANTED – Washington County L.E.A.P.
Job Title: Clerical Assistant (Program Intake)Department: Career and Family ServicesStatus: Non-ExemptLocation: Washington County Career Center 383 Broadway Fort Edward, NY 12828Reports To: Career and Family Services Program Director
L.E.A.P.’s Career and Family Services Clerical Assistant (Program Intake) is directly responsible to the Career and Family Services Program Director or designee. The Clerical Assistant (Program Intake) is mainly responsible for reception duties in the program suite as well as responsible for various clerical activities and acting as a team member to assure that the office runs in a smooth, positive manner. It is the understanding and expectation of this organization that all employees will take the opportunity to contribute to the overall success and mission of the agency above and beyond the basic requirements of their job.
- Establish, respect and maintain confidentiality of the agency, its employees, its customers, and its governing boards, both within the agency and the community, in accordance with agency policy and applicable state and federal laws.
- Work closely with all program staff to ensure an integrated approach and provide comprehensive services to households in need.
- Adheres to all program policies and procedures.
- Phone and Office coverage as scheduled and required.
- Compilation and maintenance of reports, required documents and information as assigned by the Career and Family Services Director or designee.
- Coordinates program purchasing and inventory; including acceptance of food pantry deliveries.
- Purchase order entry.
- Copying, collating, mailings, filing, etc. as required and assigned by the Career and Family Services Director or designee.
- Recording secretary for board of directors meeting minutes; responsible for compilation and distribution of monthly board packages.
- Attend meetings and all appropriate trainings, some of which may be out-of-county travel and evening/overnight attendance as requested by the Career and Family Services Program Director or designee.
- Assist with deliveries and/or vendor purchases, as well as coordinating pickups.
- High School Diploma or GED.
- Clerical, Organizational, Communication and People skills.
- Valid New York State Driver’s license.
- An understanding and knowledge of the workings of a non-profit agency.
- 70 wpm with accuracy
- Attention to detail.
- Proven Microsoft Office software skills.
- Ability to regularly lift a minimum of 40 lbs.
- Ability to multitask.
- Knowledge of construction a plus