29 Sep HELP WANTED – UPS
Now Hiring Package Handlers
UPS is looking to hire several Package Handlers for the Glens Falls location.
- You must be at least 18 years of age
- You must have reliable transportation to and from work
- You must be able to lift up to 70lbs. without assistance and 150lbs. with assistance
- We are looking for a one (1) year commitment to the company
- Preload Tuesday – Saturday: 4AM – 9AM
- Twilight Monday – Friday: 5PM – 8:30PM
- You will work between 3 ½ and 5 hours per shift, which will give you an average of 20 hours per week
Starting rate of pay is 15.50 per hour and most areas have Market rate adjustments or weekly attendance bonuses. Annual pay raises on seniority date**. You will be required to join the Union. There is a $250.00 initiation fee into the Union which is taken out of your paycheck for a ten (10) week period at $25.00 per week. Then you are responsible for your monthly Union dues of double your hourly salary plus $2.00.
Benefits / Paid Time Off:
You will receive a full benefits package if you work enough hours during the qualifying periods. You are required to work 210 hours during a qualifying quarter in order to receive the benefits package. The qualifying quarters are December-February; March-May; June-August; and September-November.
Part-time employees receive the following benefits:
- Medical & Dental
- Education Assistance
- Holidays Off
- Paid Vacations
- Paid Holidays
Paid Time Off Schedule:
- 1 year after seniority = 8 paid holidays per year
- 1 year after seniority = 4 roving holiday
- 1 year after seniority = 1 week paid vacation
- 18 months after seniority = 5 sick days per year
- 2 years after seniority = 2nd week of vacation
- Continuously lifting and lowering packages while unloading at a rate of 1200 packages per hour or loading at a rate of 300 packages per hour.
- Bending, stooping, crouching, climbing, standing, walking, turning, and pivoting with packages for 3-1/2 to 5 hours per day, 5 days a week.
- Lift packages to heights above head and lower to feet.
- Follow directions and routines, concentrate, memorize, and recollect information, and be able to process 2-3 steps ahead.
** Seniority date is the 31st day that you come to work.
APPLY NOW ONLINE AT WWW.UPSJOBS.COM