07 Apr HELP WANTED – Trustco Bank
Senior Universal Banker
Regular full-time Clerical
The Senior Universal Banker is responsible for the administration and efficient daily operation of a full service branch office, including operations, lending, product sales, customer service, and security and safety in accordance with the Bank’s objectives. Develops new deposit and loan business; provides a superior level of customer relations and promotes the sales and service culture through coaching, guidance and staff motivation; achieves branch sales goals through new business sales, referrals and retention of account relationships. Provides leadership, training and supervision; delegates day to day operations to the associate banker or other branch personnel. Responsible for attaining established Bank and branch goals through active participation in sales management programs.
ESSENTIAL DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES include the following. Other duties may be assigned by supervisor and/or Trustco Bank’s Board of Directors.
- Responsible for all in branch customer service requests.
- Responsible for opening a till in the absence of the Associate Banker.
- Will be assigned referral, account, and retention goals.
- Builds and promotes branch identity, drives sales and promotes overall ownership and accountability for improving customer service and branch success.
- Implements and administers new products or programs including sales promotion and incentive programs, and encourages staff member participation to stimulate new growth.
- Originates installment loans.
- Supervises Universal Banker and Associate Bankers.
- Makes recommendations on the following issues which are given particular weight; assigning jobs, promotions, performance appraisals, counseling, disciplines, and terminations.
- Provides training in bank policies and procedures; conducts regular staff meetings.
- Maintains security measures to protect against criminal and fraudulent activity, unnecessary risk, and exposure.
- Maintains communications between the branch and management through regular reporting and attending staff meetings.
- Knows all features and benefits of the bank’s products, services, and current promotions.
- Provides quality customer service through personal contact with customers and prospects in adherence with company policy.
- Handles customer issues in person or over the phone with their bank product or service by assisting in researching and solving the issue.
- Reviews and approves requests such as large check cashing requests, authorizing bank checks or general ledger tickets, and the approval of various reports, paperwork and cash counts.
- Works to meet existing branch performance standards in areas such as operating control loss, associate banker’s level of experience, bank secrecy, and compliance with established policies and procedures.
- Continues to building proficiency of banking principles and sales techniques by attending internal training, external training, and completion of continuing education courses.
- High School Diploma or equivalent education or experience.
- Supervisory experience.
- Customer service experience.
- Cash handling experience.
- Effective verbal communication skills.
- Well organized with the ability to manage multiple tasks.
- Ability to work well in small groups.
- Bachelor’s degree.
- Previous banking experience.
POSITION TYPE/EXPECTED HOURS:
This is a full time position. Work hours are scheduled around the following branch hours*:
Monday 9:00am – 5:00pm
Tuesday 9:00am – 3:00pm
Wednesday 9:00am – 5:00pm
Thursday 9:00am – 6:00pm
Friday 9:00am – 6:00pm
Saturday 9:00am – 1:00pm
Employees will be scheduled to arrive half an hour prior to the opening of the branch and work fifteen to thirty minutes following the closing of the branch. Evening and weekend work may be required as job duties demand.
*Hours may vary by branch.