07 Apr HELP WANTED – Trustco Bank
Active – Regular full-time Clerical
Schenectady, NY, US
The Universal Banker supports the Senior Universal Banker by overseeing the efficient operation of the branch to ensure all operational functions are completely and properly performed by the staff while conveying a feeling of trust, service, security and satisfaction to customers and staff. The duties of the Universal Banker are contingent on the scope of the services that are offered at the facility. The Universal Banker must have a familiarity with IRA services and personal banking products and services.
ESSENTIAL DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES include the following. Other duties may be assigned by supervisor and/or Trustco Bank’s Board of Directors.
- Responsible for all in branch customer service requests.
- Responsible for opening a till in the absences of the Associate Banker.
- Will float between assigned branches to assist with scheduling needs.
- Manages the branch and supervises the Associate Banker in the absence of Senior Universal Banker.
- Builds and promotes branch identity, drives sales and promotes overall ownership and accountability for improving customer service and branch success.
- Provides above standard customer service through personal contact with customers and prospects in adherence with company policy.
- Handles customer issues in person or over the phone and will follow up with a resolution to the issue.
- Reviews and approves requests such as large check cashing requests, authorizing bank checks or general ledger tickets, and the approval of various reports, paperwork and cash counts.
- Works to meet existing branch performance standards in areas such as operating control loss, Associate Banker’s level of experience, bank secrecy, and compliance with established policies and procedures.
- Continues to build proficiency of banking principles and sales techniques by attending internal training, external training, and completion of continuing education courses.
- High School Diploma or equivalent education or experience.
- Supervisory experience.
- Customer service experience.
- Cash handling experience.
- Effective verbal communication skills.
- Well organized with the ability to manage multiple tasks.
- Ability to work well in small groups.
- Bachelor’s degree.
- Previous banking experience.
POSITION TYPE/EXPECTED HOURS:
This is a full time position. Work hours are scheduled around the following branch hours*:
Monday 9:00am – 5:00pm
Tuesday 9:00am – 3:00pm
Wednesday 9:00am – 5:00pm
Thursday 9:00am – 6:00pm
Friday 9:00am – 6:00pm
Saturday 9:00am – 1:00pm
Employees will be scheduled to arrive half an hour prior to the opening of the branch and work fifteen to thirty minutes following the closing of the branch.
*Hours may vary by branch.