16 May HELP WANTED- TRI-COUNTY LITERACY CENTER
Grant Funded Position
Office Coordinator – Part Time
(16 Hours per week/$16 per hour)
The Office Coordinator is responsible for the day-to-day operation for Tri-County Literacy Center’s main office and is the first person that most clients will encounter when seeking services. This individual will work with both volunteers and learners and be the main contact for learning teams. The position reports directly to the Executive Director.
Actual Job Responsibilities:
Under the guidance and supervision of the Executive Director:
- Assist with the recruitment of learners and volunteers as outlined in the organization’s Strategic Plan.
- Complete learner intakes including skills assessments and evaluations of services needed.
- Complete volunteer intakes including all information and records needed to meet insurance or other legal requirements.
- Keep accurate records of all learner and tutor activity including monthly hours, training records and testing records.
- Assist Executive Director in connecting learners with needed resources by utilizing the many partnerships and agreements held with local social service organizations.
- Assist in fundraising activities.
- Assist Executive Director in the mentoring and training of volunteers and tutors.
- Professionally represent the organization at community events as requested.
- Stay current with any certifications necessary to appropriately complete job duties.
- Other duties as assigned by the Executive Director.
Professional Qualifications Needed:
- An Associates degree or three years office work experience or three years of other relevant work experience.
- Proficient in the use of word processing and spreadsheet software.
- Familiarity with Google documents, MS Office 365 or other cloud-based document sharing software.
- A working knowledge of video conferencing software, Zoom, Google Meets and/or other technologies.
- A strong desire to work with members of the community with varying literacy skill levels and from varying backgrounds.
- An ability to adapt as needed to situations based on the needs of learners and volunteers.
- Solid organizational abilities, allowing for the smooth day-to-day operation of services
- Strong desire to help others achieve their goals and meet their potential.
- Strong written and oral communication skills.
- Strong work ethic with a high degree of energy.
Please click here to apply online