24 Apr HELP WANTED- THE BOLTON LANDING CHAMBER OF COMMERCE
Background: The Bolton Landing Chamber of Commerce (BLCC) is a member-based organization that promotes the economic well-being of its membership and provides the community and visitors with a positive experience of Bolton Landing and Lake George region.
Job Summary: The Office Assistant will work under supervision of the Executive Director to provide outstanding service to visitors and Chamber members. The Office Assistant may help the Executive Director to increase membership, and assist with planning and marketing events. This is a part-time, year-round position that primarily works weekends, with additional hours during the summer months of July and August.
• Efficiently perform basic office duties: answer phone, respond to email inquiries, filing and database entry, distribute brochures, and handle in-coming and out-going mail.
• Assist Executive Director and Board of Directors with the annual dinner and auction, and other events as needed.
• Maintain the digital Visitor Log of incoming foot traffic.
• Assist visitors with accommodations, attractions, restaurants, day trips, maps, and directions. Promote member businesses that meet visitors’ requests for activities and other needs.
• Assist visiting wedding/conference planners regarding resources for flowers, music, photographers, activities, guest accommodations and more.
• Keep all brochures and member information current and well stocked.
• In winter, promote and manage snowshoes, rentals and fees.
Recommended Skills and Experience:
The Office Assistant must have excellent communication and customer service skills. They must be/become familiar with the BLCC membership, calendar of events, hiking trails and locations, trolley schedule, and learn to use all resources to be able to answer questions from visitors.
Basic proficiency in Microsoft Office programs (Excel, Word, etc) is required. Knowledge of WordPress, Vertical Response, social media preferred.
Dates/Hours: This is a part-time, year-round position, but hours vary depending on season.
September – June: Saturdays and Sundays, 10 am – 3 pm. July and August: Sundays, 10 am – 3 pm, and Mondays, 9 am – 4 pm, plus one or two days during the week to assist as needed, including to cover office hours when the Executive Director is not available. Average 20-30 hours/week during summer months.
Location: Work will primarily occur indoors at the Bolton Landing Chamber of Commerce Visitor’s Center in Bolton Landing. With prior notice, the Assistant may be asked to assist with off-site events within the local area.
Compensation: $15.00/hour, based on experience.
To Apply: Send resume to [email protected]