01 Sep HELP WANTED – Sustainable PR
Account Manager Needed
Sustainable PR, a national public relations firm located in Glens Falls, NY, and the first green-focused agency based in the Adirondack region, is hiring an Account Manager to support a growing list of clients. In this role, you will have an opportunity to tell the story of companies and organizations leading innovations in the sustainability market and saving the planet. College graduate with PR or communications degree or marketing communication pro with agency experience preferred.
- Candidates must be able to develop news angles and media queries and persistently and successfully pitch them to the news media
- Applicants should have a profound interest in how both traditional and digital media are used to shape public opinion
- Ideal candidates will possess strong initiative and responsibility
- Must be able to work independently and be responsible for results
- Familiarity with Customer Resource Management (CRM) software, Google Analytics, and use of subscription media databases, such as Cision or Muck Rack highly sought after
Specific skills desired: strong research, writing, and interpersonal communications capabilities.
The Account Manager will work under the direction of the agency owner, engaging members of the media and clients worldwide, while taking the lead on PR campaigns for sustainability.
Day-to-day duties include:
- Researching media outlets and building targeted contact lists
- Writing and distributing press releases and other content to media
- Pitching journalists, bloggers, and influencers to secure coverage for clients
- Producing creative social media content and managing posts
- Monitoring, measuring, and reporting campaign results to clients
Position includes following competitive benefits:
- health care
- flex time
- remote work
Interested candidates should send a resume and cover letter expressing why they are a good fit, and include a query letter and sample media placement, if available to: email@example.com