Dec 11 HELP WANTED – Scott’s Miracle Gro
To apply contact
We are looking for seasonal Merchandisers who will be a key part of our success in our peak Spring season.
The Merchandiser will report directly to the Sales Manager and work within our big box retailers, such as Home Depot and Lowe’s. As part of the day-to-day responsibilities the Merchandiser will execute merchandising directives and re-sets, establish a positive rapport with store personnel and customers, and relay information to Scotts Sales team regarding inventory opportunities.
In this role you will:
- Merchandise products inside and outside stores
- Provide customers and store associates with product knowledge on Scotts brands
- Ensure product is stocked and presentable at all times
- Assist in identifying opportunities for solution selling and incremental space
- Provide support to Sales Manager and store employees as needed
- Work effectively independently and as a team to perform all tasks assigned
What we do for our associates:
- Competitive retirement program with up to 7% 401K match
- Provide valuable, hands-on experience within merchandising, retail and customer service
- Provide a competitive hourly wage
- Paid on-the-job training including in-depth product knowledge on the Scotts products
- Fast tracked career advancement opportunities for high performing associates
- Compensation for commuting expenses
The ideal person will have:
- High school diploma or equivalent years of experience
- Experience in retail, merchandising and/or stocking
- Problem solving and service oriented attitude
- Ability to lift, push and pull 45 pounds
- Ability to work a flexible schedule, including holidays and weekends
- Ability to operate company provided technology
- Current, valid driver’s license and reliable transportation
- Ability to tolerate work in an outdoor environment (heat, cold, rain, etc.)
- Must be at least 18 years of age
- Ability to read, write and speak English
- Ability to climb ladders
- Ability to move pallets of product
The Scotts Miracle-Gro Company (NYSE: SMG) is the world’s largest marketer of branded consumer lawn and garden products, with a full range of products for professional horticulture as well. Scotts Miracle-Gro has helped to grow the nearly $7 billion global consumer lawn and garden market through product innovation, industry-leading advertising efforts and its trusted brands.
The brands and products within our company include: Scotts, Miracle-Gro, Tom Cat, Ortho, Round Up, Bonnie Plants, Osmocote, Earthgro and Fafard.
Scotts is an EEO Employer, dedicated to a culturally diverse, drug free workplace.
EEO/AA Employer/Minority/Female/Disability/Veteran/Sexual Orientation/Gender Identity