18 May HELP WANTED-PROSPECT CENTER
Resident Counselor – Respite Program
The Center for Disability Services offers hope, innovation and achievement to the people we support.
For 80 years, we have been one of upstate New York’s largest providers of programs and services for individuals who have disabilities. Many of the innovative programs and vital services that we offer are not available elsewhere.
*We are proud to announce our newly enhanced rates for our Direct Support Professional positions!
We are searching for Direct Support Professionals to join our newly opened Respite Program in Queensbury, NY.
In this role, you will engage in recreational activities with school aged individuals enrolled in our program.
Arts and crafts, playing musical instruments, video games, board games, outdoor activities, community outings, shopping, and watching movies are just some of the things we do!
Come share your interests, hobbies, and passion to provide fun and exciting experiences with our individuals.
- Provide a safe, fun, and welcoming environment for those attending the program
- Assist with the care of individuals during their stay to ensure daily support, including basic activities for daily living
- Assist promote, and provide independence in the daily care and services of the people we support.
- Respect the person’s choices, lifestyle, and their dignity to take informed risks
- High School Diploma or equivalent is required
- Must be at least 18 years old
- Able to life a minimum of 50 pounds
- Flexible scheduling options including Full-Time and Part-Time in a 24/7 environment.
- Work between 5 and 40 hours per week with morning, days, evenings, or overnight positions.
The compensation range for this position is $15.81 to $16.68. Rate of pay is commensurate on experience. Opportunity to earn an additional $2.00 per hour based on completion of required trainings.
Additionally, there is a $1.00 per hour shift differential for set scheduled positions working Friday at 3 pm through Monday at 9 am.
To apply, click HERE
In this role, you may be eligible to receive the New York State funded Health Care Worker Bonus. **Please visit HERE for more information**
If you are employed by a U.S Federal, State, Local or Tribal Government or Not-for-Profit organization, you may be eligible for the Public Service Loan Forgiveness Program that is funded by New York State.
*To learn more about this program and New York State eligibility requirements, please visit HERE for more information