03 Jun HELP WANTED – Office for the Aging
Services Assistant Needed (Full Time and Part Time)
Typical Work Activities:
- Works directly with clients or their delegates to identify agencies and individuals offering appropriate services
- Performs home visit assessments in accordance with NYSOFA requirements to determine needs and well-being of clients and potential clients
- Assists in obtaining appropriate services for clients
- Assists clients in completing applications for various program services such as HEAP, Medicaid, MSP, Medicare, Social Security, STAR, Veteran’s benefits, SNAP etc.
- Assists in the coordination of the Volunteer program for meal sites and medical transportation program
- Assists high level staff in a variety of tasks in support of Department programs and services
- Distributes and relates information about resources and services available to the elderly in the community
- Assists in the preparation and distribution of a variety of public relations materials including newsletters and news releases for local papers
- Prepares and maintains a variety of program records and reports
- Uses computer applications or other automated systems such as spread sheets, word processing, calendar, email and database software in performing work assignments
- Serves as general a source of information for visitors, phone contacts, employee contacts etc.
- May speak along with other Department staff before senior and other community groups to provide information on departmental programs
- Performs assigned office or program tasks to assist Department requirements
Minimum Qualifications: Either:
A. Graduation from a regionally accredited or New York State registered college or university with an Associate’s Degree in Social or Behavioral Sciences, Human Services, Business Administration or related field; or
B. Graduation from high school or possession of a high school equivalency diploma and two years of full-time paid experience, (or its part-time equivalent) providing services to seniors.
Special Requirement: Possession of a NYS driver’s license at time of appointment.
- Full-time $ 33,600
- Part-time $16.15 hr (20 hour/week)
The position will be filled based upon Civil Service requirements. A provisional appointment will be made with examination to be held at a later date. Candidate must meet Civil Service requirements for appointment following establishment of the Eligible List. Position creation pending WC Board of Supervisor Approval
Interested candidates may submit an application by June 18, 2021 to:
Office for the Aging
1340 State Route 9
Lake George NY 12845
Applications can be found at www.warrencountyny.gov/civilservice by clicking HERE.
Warren County is an Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action Employer