16 Oct HELP WANTED- Lake George Regional Chamber of Commerce & CVB
MEMBERSHIP MANAGER JOB DESCRIPTION OVERVIEW:
The Membership Manager plans and executes a strategic business membership sales and retention plan for the Lake George Regional Chamber of Commerce & CVB. The Manager identifies prospects, determines their needs, communicates the Chamber’s value, and closes the sale. The Manager grows the Chamber’s membership by driving a sales strategy that projects the Chamber’s message/brand to all our stakeholders. The Manager works closely with each member of the Chamber staff and the Chamber’s Board, but he/she works independently and is responsible for the success of the membership sales and retention plan while exceeding the expectations of existing members. The Manager must be able to conduct “high-level” business interactions independently and as part of a coordinated team.
POSITION ACCOUNTABILITY: Reports to Executive Director
MEASURES OF SUCCESS:
● Strategic growth in overall Chamber membership
● Financial performance against budget
● Retention in the first two years
● Full integration with Chamber’s capabilities, i.e. promotion, membership synergy
● A strong contact base of area businesses and business leaders;
● Strong interpersonal skills to effectively establish, nurture and sustain relationships with prospective and current members, board of directors, co-workers and community at large
● Written and oral communications
● Results oriented, competent and confident to work independently to reach measurable goals (both number of members and revenue)
● Project management, principles of effective selling, tenacity in prospecting
● Highly organized and detail oriented
● Creativity and strategic thinking, problem solving
● Working in a team environment
● Exceptional customer service and professional sales experience
● Software technology
●Microsoft Office Suite
●Sales/Customer Relationship Management
● Bachelor’s degree
● Five years business-to-business sales experience
● Knowledge of Lake George area business/hospitality community
● Leadership of diverse team, both internal and external to organization
● Hospitality experience preferred
DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES:
● Develop and execute the Chamber’s membership sales, retention and renewals strategy to achieve budgeted revenue goals for membership and advertising.
● Sell Chamber memberships and advertising opportunities to businesses and current members throughout the region.
● Identify sales prospects; Build and manage a sales “pipeline”
● Active prospecting and contact using sales management CRM platform
● Determine/report metrics to measure growth in membership
● Develop and monitor membership application, onboarding and communication process
● Deploy Chamber resources and personnel to effectively reinforce sales effort
● Coordinate Membership committee, events, programs, and initiatives
● Including but not limited to: Monthly mixers, ribbon cuttings, Women in Business, Adirondack Craft Beverage Trail
● Work with the Marketing Director (and other team members) to do the following:
● Identify needs of potential Chamber members
● Determine unique messages for individual target segments
● Create marketing materials for membership sales
● Cultivate relationships to encourage membership participation in Chamber events, programs and initiatives
● Maintain extensive knowledge of all Chamber members, programs, services, initiatives and activities.
● Determine the future value of Consumer Travel Show participation and associated tasks involved.
● Assist with incoming phone calls and walk-in visitors when necessary
● Assist Marketing Director with member related marketing opportunities/benefits:
● Radio spots, weekly call-in shows, newsletters, social media and publicity among other promotional activities.
● Represent the Chamber at community events.
● Duties of this position will be split between computer/telephone work in the office, outside sales calls and scheduled appointments, and occasional travel for consumer travel shows. Routine 40 hour work week with occasional evenings, weekends and/or holiday work.
$40+K base with bonus structure based on performance, full benefits package (health/dental insurance, PTO, holidays).
Please send resume, cover letter and salary requirements to:
Gina Mintzer, Executive Director
Lake George Regional Chamber of Commerce & CVB
[email protected]. No phone calls please.