07 Jan HELP WANTED – Lake George Land Conservancy
Fundraising and Events Manager Needed
This full-time position leads the organization’s events to educate supporters about our work, strengthens relationships with donors and celebrates our conservation successes. These events include gatherings and activities to enhance the visibility of our existing land preserves and new land projects. Development and fundraising responsibilities of this position include cultivating relationships and developing donor opportunities as part of the organization’s development team. This position is also responsible for seeking out, writing and administering grants and other funding sources. This position reports to the Executive Director and interacts closely with other members of the organization’s staff. The ideal candidate will have at least five years of experience.
The Fundraising and Events Manager will perform the following duties:
- Fundraising Appeals: Supports Development Manager with appeals geared for operating income such as the Fall Appeal, including retention and supporter appeals, design of materials (using Adobe InDesign) and identification of supporters
- Supporter Leads: Provides research as to potential donors provided by stakeholders for follow up. Ensures follow up is specifically tailored to appropriate circumstances. Attempts to secure donations as appropriate within framework of development team approach.
- Donor Stewardship: Manages supporter relationships and recognition. Supports Development Manager as appropriate. (See Donor Events.)
- Capital Campaigns: Works on fundraising, tracks donations and provides analysis for Development/Capital campaign committees. Contributes to design and implementation of fundraising plans.
- Funding: Seeks and applies for grants and funding opportunities as appropriate. Manages grants received, including reporting and other required follow-up with grantors.
- Outreach: Coordinates meetings with major supporters, the public and partners; prepares and makes presentations with support from staff.
Events and Outreach (40%):
- Outreach Events: Leads and coordinates these events including Hike-A-Thon and Amy’s Race, with assistance from appropriate committees. Solicits business sponsors and enhances existing community “partnerships” as they relate to events.
- Land and Water Conservation Celebration: Leads and coordinates LGLC’s primary annual funding event (our Gala). Works with Events Committee, volunteers and staff, to plan and implement the event.
- Donor Events: Assists Development Manager with President’s Reception, Planned Giving events and other donor cultivation events.
- Events Committee: Acts as liaison to the Events Committee and ensures necessary resources are secured for events.
- Development Committee: Along with the Executive Director and Development Manager, provides support and guidance to the Development Committee. Reports at Board Meetings as appropriate.
- Next Generation: Connects with and leads the next generation of supporters. Organizes and publicizes events for this group.
- Marketing: Assists Communications and Outreach Manager with social media platforms and planning editorial calendar.
- Database/Software: Gains proficiency with organization’s development and related software including SalsaCRM and Adobe Creative Suite. Assists Development Manager with donor data input and cleaning. With other staff, uses database to track volunteers and other non-financial supporters.
- The ability to communicate effectively by handwritten letters, email and other common forms of written and verbal communication.
- Ability to travel in and out of the local area on occasion.
To be considered, please email your resume with cover letter to Cornelia Wells, Assistant Treasurer & Finance and Office Manager, firstname.lastname@example.org, by January 31, 2022.