14 Jul HELP WANTED- GORE MOUNTAIN
Wastewater Treatment Plant Tech 2
The Olympic Regional Development Authority is seeking an organized, detailed oriented professional to join the Building Maintenance team at Gore Mountain as a Wastewater Treatment Tech 2. The successful candidate will report directly to the Gore Mountain Chief Wastewater Operator. This is a full-time year-round position located in North Creek, New York.
Located in the Adirondack Forest Preserve, Gore Mountain is New York State’s largest ski and ride center. With seven mountain areas, Gore Mountain provides 14 lifts and offers 2537 feet of vertical drop to explore and enjoy its over 100 trails. In addition to Gore Mountain, the Olympic Regional Development Authority operates Whiteface Mountain in Wilmington, and Belleayre Mountain in the Catskills, along with several other venues in Lake Placid where the Olympic Authority’s main office is also located.
This job requires the ability to take and record chemical tests of sludge and effluent; be detail-oriented; have basic knowledge of chemicals and lab equipment used in treatment plants; and have basic math and science skills. All work will be primarily on site and may occur outside of the normal workday if necessary to complete the essential functions of the job. Occasional regional travel may be required. Weekend and holiday work will be required.
Essential Duties (this list is not exhaustive):
• Operate and maintain wastewater collection, treatment, sludge processing, and handling equipment daily under the Chief Operator’s directions.
• Operate pumps, blowers, chlorinators, sand filters, and other equipment used to treat potable and wastewater as needed.
• Perform all sampling, monitoring, and testing required to comply with Federal, State, and Local regulations governing the wastewater treatment process, stormwater, and potable water treatment under the Chief Operator’s direction.
• Read and interpret digital data, flow meters, and other gauges to determine the operating efficiency of the plants and make adjustments where necessary.
• Prepare the chemicals required for the testing of potable and wastewater.
• Maintain logs, records, and reports relative to the work under the supervision of the Chief Water Operator.
This individual must possess a 1A Water Treatment Certificate and knowledge of wastewater treatment plant auxiliary equipment, laboratory equipment and its functions.
Compensation and Benefits:
This position is classified as a Grade 15 Labor Foreperson 2 on the ORDA/CSEA Schedule, which carries an Entry Rate of $21.56 per hour.
The Olympic Authority offers an excellent benefits package under the CSEA Contract that includes paid leave (sick, vacation, and personal time), paid holidays, health, dental, and vision insurance, in the NYS and Local Retirement Systems, and participation in NYS Deferred Compensation.
Interested candidates should email their resume with the subject line “Wastewater Treatment Plant Tech 2” to:
The Olympic Authority is an Affirmative Action/Equal Opportunity Employer
Pursuant to Executive Order 161, no State entity is permitted to ask or to mandate, in any form, that an applicant for employment provide either their current compensation or any prior compensation history, until such time as the applicant is extended a conditional offer of employment with compensation. If any such information has been requested before the appropriate time, you may contact the Office of Employee Relations at (518) 474-6988 or via email at [email protected].