08 Jul HELP WANTED – Fort Miller Group, Inc.
Access Control Technician – Greenwich, NY – Access Anvil Corp.
Access Anvil has an exciting opportunity for a safety conscious, highly motivated individual to install and service gate operators, access control equipment, and related hardware. This position is ideal for anyone who has strong mechanical/electrical skills, likes to work independently and is a true problem solver. Every day presents an opportunity to learn something new!
**This position will require regular travel to facilities across New York State.**
Responsibilities of our Access Control Technician:
- Install, service, and repair hydraulic and mechanical gate operators, access control units and related equipment.
- Perform work on electrical components, including circuit boards, control boards and ancillary devices.
- Install or repair underground wiring and conduit.
- Establish and maintain professional relationships with customers, ensuring their satisfaction.
- Comply with all health and safety codes and procedures to include, but not limited, to OSHA and UL 325 compliance.
- Maintain expenses and required inventory within guidelines established by the company.
Qualifications of our Access Control Technician:
- Prior technical experience as a technician or related educational background.
- Strong PLC knowledge and troubleshooting skills.
- Ability to read and interpret complex contract plans and schematics.
- Ability to perform heavy physical labor and work outside in all weather conditions.
- Ability to access equipment at various heights by reaching or climbing a ladder, bend over, walk, kneel and stand for extended periods of time.
- Clean and valid drivers’ license.
- Ability to travel by car to job sites, working a flexible schedule and being on call for emergencies.
Access Anvil Corp. is a subsidiary company of The Fort Miller Group, Inc., an employee owned company. Since our inception in 1975, we have provided superior fence, gate, and gate operator installations to our customers. Our commitment to excellence and service beyond expectations has made us the premier provider of commercial and industrial fence and access control installations in our region. Anvil will continue to evolve and diversify, always striving to provide high quality installations and professional service that exceed our customers’ expectations.