07 Nov HELP WANTED – Feeder Canal Alliance
Seeking Part-Time Executive Director
Feeder Canal Alliance’s mission is to create a vibrant trail stewardship nonprofit that enhances the quality of life throughout the community along the Glens Falls Feeder Canal. We are looking for a highly skilled part-time executive director to help us fulfill this important undertaking. Reporting to the board of directors, the executive
director will oversee the strategic and operational efficiencies of our organization and staff. Experience in fundraising and volunteer management is essential and established relationships with local community groups is a plus. Above all, the executive director should be highly effective in a leadership role that requires clear
communication skills and decisiveness.
Objectives of this role:
- Working closely with board directors and committees to assess and address issues affecting the organization
- Oversee daily operation of the organization, providing executive direction for program strategies and efficiencies, compliance, and quality assurance
- Increase awareness of the organization by being the main spokesperson and liaison with local media and local and statewide trail organizations.
- Develop and implement a plan for fundraising and managing monthly cash flow
- Comply with all national and local regulations
- Create a business plan for achieving goals and objectives set in collaboration with the board of directors
- Meet aggressive annual fundraising goals in partnership with the board of directors by securing financial support from individual donors, government sources, corporations, and partners along the trail
- Work with volunteers and the board on annual fundraising benefits and additional events, and oversee all external communications including website, marketing collateral, newsletter, and social media.
- Serve as the face of the organization and participate in external events to increase visibility, credibility, market brand and develop strategic partnerships to further increase community awareness and expand programming.
- Build and lead an effective team that’s dedicated to fulfilling the organization’s mission through highly successful programs, community engagement and fundraising
- Manage volunteer staff, volunteers, and clients whose experiences, cultures and languages reflect the community served by the organization.
Required skills and qualifications:
- Three or more years of experience in senior management, preferably with nonprofit organizations
- Strong experience in public relations, marketing, and fundraising
- Proven success working with a board of directors
- Entrepreneurial mindset with innovative approach to business planning
- Dynamic and charismatic team player who enjoys being the public face of an organization
- Proficiency in Microsoft Office (including Word, Excel, PowerPoint, Publisher), WordPress, Vertical response (or MailChimp), and social media (Facebook, Instagram)
Preferred skills and qualifications:
- Bachelor’s degree
- Experience in managing budgets
- Exceptional verbal, written and visual communication skills
To apply, email cover cover letter and resume to [email protected] or mail to:
Feeder Canal Alliance
Office at 21 Thomson Ave Suite 2
PO Box 2414
Glens Falls, NY 12801