21 Mar HELP WANTED- EQUUSTOCK
Equustock OPCO, located in Queensbury NY, has developed a self-sustaining multilevel manufacturing production system that can yield multiple products in a single production chain. Our zero-waste method utilizes every fragment of raw material to maximize labor and equipment in a proprietary and environmentally responsible manner creating the highest performing absorbent and bedding materials for livestock, horses, poultry, environmental remediation, oil and gas / LCM, cat litter and small animal bedding and litter. As a part of our zero waste production philosophy, we also utilize this high quality material to produce clean, effective and high BTU wood fuel pellets. Equustock OPCO is committed not only to our currently established markets, but to developing new products for our domestic and growing international marketplace, all developed from our vast resources of renewable substrates. We are devoted to continuing our contribution to the green community.
This person filling this position is responsible for assisting with operations at a wood shaving production plant. Job tasks will be running various equipment, load/unload trucks and housekeeping in area, all performed in accordance with plant and safety policy.
ROLE AND RESPONSIBILITIES
- Primary responsibility is to load/unload product, run various types of equipment and assist in operations when time allows.
- Follow all safety and environmental rules and regulations.
- Receive, internalize, and safely implement industrial operations training.
- Implement safe working practices, including identifying hazards and providing recommendations for repair/resolution.
- Support management, maintenance, and controls personnel to improve operations.
- Work with all employees in a team effort to support the generating plant in attaining their goals.
- Perform housekeeping assignments as directed.
- Perform Quality Control procedures as directed.
- Perform preventive, scheduled, and unscheduled maintenance while adhering to all safety procedures and equipment maintenance directives.
- Maintain plant cleanliness standards and directives.
- Safely operate material handling equipment to include forklifts and front-end loaders.
- Perform other duties as assigned.
QUALIFICATIONS AND EDUCATION REQUIREMENTS
- High school diploma or GED is required.
- Must possess and maintain a valid state driver’s license and have reliable transportation to and from work.
- Ability to read, write and speak in the English language and perform basic mathematical computations.
- Must be able to lift 40 pounds and work in an industrial manufacturing setting.
- Lead in the implementation of a culture of Safety, where safety is our top priority.
- Demonstrated ability to work with others in a team environment.
- Demonstrated experience in driving a fork lift.
- Demonstrated initiative to learn new tasks.
- Excellent written and verbal communications skills.
- Ability to work extended shifts, weekend, holidays, and rotating shift as required.
- Must be reliable and punctual.
Job Category: Hourly
Position Type: Full-Time
Pay Range: Starting at $16.75 per Hour
For inquires, contact Linda Mason at [email protected]