07 Oct HELP WANTED – City of Saratoga Springs Housing Authority
Issued: October 7, 2020 Last Filing Date: November 12, 2020
Applications must be received in the Civil Service Office. A resume may be submitted with the application, but will not be accepted in place of a completed application. A vague application will not be interpreted in the applicant’s favor. A decision may be made to not fill this position.
Salary: $15 per hour plus health and dental benefits, paid time off and NYS Retirement. *37.5 hours per week. Normal hours are Monday – Friday 7 am – 3 pm plus occasional mandatory overtime for snow storms. Applicant must be available to come in for snow removal during off hours.*
Location: City of Saratoga Springs Housing Authority
Residency Requirement: Resident of New York State
Duties: The work involves responsibility for the performance of general laboring or construction task, which requires physical endurance and a willingness to perform arduous tasks at times in inclement weather. The incumbent generally uses hand and power tools/equipment to perform the work buy may occasionally operate automotive equipment under close supervision of a qualified operator. The work is performed under direct supervision. Does related work as required.
Minimum Qualifications: No required minimum qualifications, but PLEASE NOTE that a current and valid NYS Driver’s License will be required.
Typical Work Activities:
- Cleans sidewalks and participates in snow and ice removal and control
- Uses had tools such as shovels, lawn mowers, forks and rakes in grounds maintenance and beautification work
- Performs general clean up work such as removing debris, raking leaves, cutting grass and weeds, shoveling snow and assisting in collection of rubbish and litter from public lands and facilities
- Sweeps and mops floors, stairs and halls, washes windows and sinks and performs related cleaning duties
- General landscaping responsibilities such as mulching, weeing, etc.
- Locks and unlocks the building, designated offices and rooms
- Emptying apartment contents left behind by previous tenants and preparing apartments for next occupants