26 Jul HELP WANTED – Ball Metal Corp.
Primary Purpose of Position
Manages the plant environmental, health, safety, and chemical process functions as directed.
- Responsible for maintaining a safe and secure work environment. This includes correcting unsafe acts/conditions, facilitating monthly safety meetings, performing monthly safety inspections, and investigating accidents, as required.
- Supports development, implementation, maintenance, and ongoing improvement of the food safety system.
- Provides the direction and management of the plant environmental function. Understands and remains current on environmental requirements to ensure compliance.
- Implements the environmental program in accordance with Ball policy requirements.
- May provide administration and supervision of the plant chemical process function. May supervise the chemical process maintainers.
- Provides the direction and management of plant safety programs in order to maintain safe and healthful working conditions. Develops and monitors plant safety rules and regulations in accordance with plant, group, and corporate guidelines, and in compliance with governmental regulations and laws in occupational safety and health. Maintains plant safety records and files.
- Responsible for coordinating and committing resources for all emergency response measures, including those identified in the facility’s contingency plan. Maintains thorough familiarity with all aspects of the facility’s contingency plan, all operations and activities at the facility, the location and characteristics of all chemicals and wastes handled, the location of all records within the facility, the facility layout, and evacuation routes.
- Provides, monitors, records and maintains and archives all environmental files/records required by company policies and procedures, and federal, state, and local regulations and permits.
- Establishes programs to minimize waste generation, properly manage wastes (including labeling, storage, and disposal).
- Provides training on environmental and Department of Transportation programs.
- Provides, maintains and monitors all environmental, health and safety management activities including, but not limited to, MSDS files, hazard communication program, environmental educational programs, hazardous waste program, hazardous materials program, air program, storm water program, wastewater discharge programs, etc.
- Timely and effectively communicates with Ball personnel and federal, state, and local authorities on environmental, health and safety compliance issues.
- Compiles data, prepares and submits required regulatory reports, such as tier II, air operating, wastewater, form R, etc.
- May interact with the company’s worker’s compensation third party administrator to ensure timely and appropriate administration of worker’s compensation claims.
- Timely responds to issues of noncompliance and complaints related to environmental issues.
- Assures the Material Approval Form (MAF) system is used and provides data as necessary with approvals before materials are brought onto plant premises.
- Timely advises management of any unplanned chemical releases and noncompliance situations related to environmental requirements.
- Acts as a liaison/point of contact with environmental services, corporate safety department, local community safety organizations, neighbor associations/neighbors, regarding complaints and concerns.
- Serves as point of contact for agency and company environmental, health and safety inquiries, inspections, and audits. Conducts random safety audits and periodic safety inspections. Prepares responses to inspections/audits and manages correction of any noted deficiencies.
- Recognizes waste streams and minimizes waste generation, through prudent use of materials, proper disposal and segregation, and provides related training to employees.
- Initiates, reviews, masters, and follows all standard operating procedures (SOPs) for area of responsibility.
- Performs those administrative activities necessary for effective management, including provision for selection and development of employees, salary administration, budget administration, employee safety, employee counseling, motivation, meeting objectives, planning, organizing, integrating and measuring the work performed within the organization.
- Regular and predictable attendance is required between the assigned start and end times of work.
- Assures and maintains safe and healthful working conditions while enforcing safety rules and regulations.
- Performs duties without posing a direct threat to anyone or to property. Direct threat is defined as a significant risk of substantial harm that cannot be eliminated or reduced to an acceptable level by reasonable accommodation.
- Ability to work under general supervision.
- Broad training in a related field usually acquired through college- level education or work-related experience
- Job related experience for 2 year(s) minimum.
- Working knowledge of the following areas: environmental regulations, legal practices, OSHA requirements, environmental principles, practices, nomenclature, and procedures, generally accepted managerial practices and procedures, and company policies, procedures, and products.
- Ability to apply intensive and diversified evaluation, selection, and substantial adaptation and modification of standard plant environmental operations techniques, procedures, and criteria.
- Must be able to handle sensitive related and proprietary information in a confidential manner.
- Performs such individual assignments as management may direct.
- Must follow company policies, procedures, practices, and standards of conduct as outlined in the Ball Corporation manuals.
- Ability to operate and functionally use a computer.
- Ability to read heavy quantities of regulations, etc., in a short time frame.
- Must maintain professional competence, ethical integrity, knowledge, and skills.
Compensation & Benefits
- Salary Range: $90,400 – $138,500 (Salary to be determined by the applicant’s education, experience, knowledge, skills, and abilities, as well as internal equity and alignment with market data.)
- This role will be eligible to participate in the annual incentive compensation plan.]
- Ball includes a comprehensive benefits structure, Go to our career site and click “Total Rewards” to learn more.
- Relocation assistance may be provided.