09 Sep HELP WANTED – Adirondack Winery
Events Manager Needed
Full Job Description:
Wine Festival Event Manager
Adirondack Winery is seeking an Event Manager to oversee, organize and execute the Adirondack Wine & Food Festival (June 25-26, 2022; Annual Event; 7,000+ ppl; 100+ vendors, Lake George, NY) with the goal of maximizing revenue, profits, and attendee satisfaction. You’ll ensure this annual event is successful and cost-effective, paying attention to budget and time constraints. An event manager is, above all, a project manager who understands marketing and promotion techniques. We want to see enthusiastic candidates with fresh ideas and the organizational skills required to not leave anything about this much-anticipated event to chance.
This is a full-time, salaried year-round position; with 3+ weeks vacation in the Summer! – A HUGE perk in our tourist-driven region! Additionally, it includes Bonus Pay related to festival profits and sales at Off-Site festivals.
- Plan the Adirondack Wine & Food Festival from start to finish according to requirements, target audience, and objectives
- Come up with suggestions to enhance the event’s success and execute such ideas
- Prepare budgets and ensure adherence
- Source, pitch, and land multiple sponsorship contracts.
- Networking – Create relationships with industry business representatives
- Source and negotiate with vendors and suppliers
- Hire, Train, Coordinate, and Supervise personnel (event staff and volunteers)
- Coordinate all operations, logistics, and scheduling
- Work closely with the Marketing Team on promotional activities for the event
- On-Site Event Execution: Ensure the event is completed smoothly and step up to resolve any problems that might occur
- Analyze the event’s success and prepare post-event reports
- Represent Adirondack Winery at other comparable wine festivals across New York State, creating vendor and sponsor relationships, analyzing how competing events are executed, etc.
- Proven experience as an event manager (at least 2 years, including large scale events)
- Skilled in project and task management
- Knowledge of event marketing techniques
- Computer savvy; proficient in Office 365, Microsoft Excel
- Outstanding communication and negotiation ability; super Persistent!
- Enthusiastic and effective sales skills
- Excellent organizational skills
- A knack for problem-solving
- Customer-service orientation
- A team player with leadership skills
- BSc/BA in PR, marketing, hospitality management, or related field is preferred
This is a once-in-a-lifetime opportunity to execute one of the largest and most impactful events in the New York Wine Industry and Lake George area. We are looking for someone to make this event your own and grow it for years to come with more on the horizon!
Adirondack Winery is a fast-growing company, with expansion plans and a bright future, check out more here: www.adkwinery.com/growing. We make it a priority to hire staff members that embrace our core values and have built a strong family of employees via this culture: www.adkwinery.com/corevalues
THE FINE PRINT:
Work Schedule and Location:
- This is a Salaried, full-time position requiring at least 40 hours per week, or more to meet business needs. Time demands increase the closer we get to the June Festival.
- Office hours are primarily Monday – Friday 8:30 am to 5 pm; occurring at our Queensbury headquarters.
- Offsite Wine Festivals hours (Est. 5-7 events per year) occur on weekends and include some overnight stays. Transportation or mileage reimbursement is provided, meal allowance is provided for overnight events.
- Vacation: Long-term vacations are prohibited for the Festival Coordinator from May through June. 3+ Weeks of Vacation is provided in August of each year.
- The ability to frequently lift, move and load cases of wine (approx. 35lbs each), must be able to remain in a stationary position for 50% of the time, sitting or standing. Constantly operate a computer and other office machineries such as a calculator, copier, and printer.
- The ability to work in an office setting with multiple people and/or distractions. At offsite events with fellow employees, large crowds of customers, and noise. Must be able to maintain reliable transportation to get to and from work sites and events.
- Nothing in this job description restricts management rights to assign or reassign duties and responsibilities to this job at any time. This job description is subject to change at any time.
Job Type: Full-time
Pay: From $48,750.00 per year
- 401(k) matching
- Dental insurance
- Employee discount
- Health insurance
- Paid time off
- Vision insurance
- 8 hour shift
- Monday to Friday
- Weekend availability
- Bonus pay
Our Company is sensitive to COVID-19 precautions, including wearing masks despite vaccination inside. We are skilled in adjusting our business to thrive in the challenging times of COVID-19, optimizing job security for our staff.
Ability to commute/relocate:
- Queensbury, NY 12804: Reliably commute or planning to relocate before starting work (Required)
- Please review our Core Values at www.adkwinery.com/corevalues and tell us how they resonate with you.
- Bachelor’s (Preferred)
- Events management: 2 years (Preferred)
- Driver’s License (Required)
- Multiple locations