25 Aug HELP WANTED – Adirondack Winery
Assistant Winemaker Needed
Do you have a passion for craft beverages and enjoy supporting local businesses? Are you an ambitious and hardworking person? If that sounds like you, then we have a great job opportunity here at Adirondack Winery that puts you right in the middle of where all the magic happens!
As the Assistant Winemaker, you will be directly involved with the locally handcrafted and award-winning wines that our Adirondack community has grown to love. Since 2008, Adirondack Winery has established three tasting rooms and ships to thousands of customers in 35 states. In addition, our wine can be found in nearly 400 liquor stores and restaurants throughout Upstate New York. Soon to come, we are breaking ground on a new production facility at our Queensbury Headquarters that will give us the ability to make three times more wine than we do now!
More incredible news, we have great benefits! 401k, 401k match, Dental, Vision, Medical, Paid Time Off, and an Employee discount!
If you have passion like we do, we encourage you to apply and join the Adirondack Winery Team!
- Assist in the sourcing, ordering, and storing of raw materials used in wine making.
- Assist with Crush/Press of grapes.
- Following the direction of the winemaker, start fermentation of wine, care for the wine during fermentation, clarifying, and ageing stages. Including but not limited to additions wine transfers, laboratory analysis cold stabilization and blending.
- Assist with filtering and bottling of wine.
- Maintain cleanliness of facility, equipment and working spaces.
- Maintain records in accordance with Adirondack Winery requirements and applicable government requirements.
- Manage wine storage for maximum storage and safety.
- Facilitate the testing of juice and wine and making necessary additions and/or corrections.
- Conduct inventories of raw materials, supplies and finished products.
- Assist with unloading delivery trucks when needed.
- Assist with basic facility repairs and maintenance.
- Experience or education in craft beverage making.
- Familiarity with a lab environment.
- Ability to lift 50 pounds.
- Mechanical aptitude for maintaining and repairing winery equipment.
- Organizational skills.
- Computer skills.
- 2+ years of commercial winemaking experience
- Mechanical aptitude
- Experience with carbonated products.
- Degree or Certificate in viticulture or related field.
Monday – Friday 9am-5pm with some nights and weekends required September/October for harvest season.
Job Type: Full-time
- 401(k) matching
- Dental insurance
- Employee discount
- Health insurance
- Paid time off
- Vision insurance
- Associate (Preferred)
- Winemaking: 2 years (Preferred)
- Carbonated Products: 1 year (Preferred)
Click HERE to apply